4th FAEE Student Workshop 2012
Workshop of the French Student Chapter
July 6, 2012, Centre Economie & Management, IFP School, Rueil-Malmaison
IAEE French and Swiss Student Chapters Initiative for Common Workshops in 2012
This new initiative was created in order to improve the links between IAEE student chapters and to promote a closer collaboration in the areas of energy and climate change within the EU; to ease the contact between European PhD students in order to foster future links and collaboration; to allow PhD students to present their works/projects and give them the possibility to improve their research thanks to the obtained feedback and remarks of professors and representatives from major firms and organizations in the area of energy and climate. Directly inspired by the FAEE PhD students seminar, this initiative organizes a common seminar twice a year: the first in spring in Paris, and the second in autumn in Zurich.
The fourth seminar, held in Paris, at IFP School in Rueil-Malmaison near Paris (www.ifp-school.com) on July 6, 2012, was organized around eleven presentations. Around thirty attendees were present, including professors and PhD students from different universities as well as representatives of industry.
Johannes Manser from the Swiss student chapter presented his work on “Clean Development Mechanism Standardization Approaches based on a Revision of Small-Scale Residential Energy Efficiency Methodologies”.
The other presented topics were as follows:
- „Free allocation of CO2 allowances, windfall profits and traded sectors: firm-level evidence from Phases 1 & 2 of the EU ETS”, by Oliver Sartor(Université Paris I – Sorbonne)
- “Revision of the European CO2 market: changes in the governance of electricity GHG emissions”, by Romain Riollet (CERTOP, EDF R&D)
- “Abating CO2 and SOx emissions from ships: the interferences of SOx policy on CO2 emissions”, by Marjorie Doudnikoff, Elisabeth Gouvernal, Romuald Lacoste (Université Paris Est, SPLOTT, IFSTTAR)
- “La production en sous produit des métaux rares: menace ou opportunité pour l’essor des nouvelles technologies de l’énergie?“ by Florian Fizaine (Université de Bourgogne)
- „Petroleum products prices behavior and demand trends: an econometric analysis“ by Laetitia De Maack, Frederic Lantz (Université Montpellier 1, IFPEN)
- „What costs for photovoltaic modules in 2020? Lessons from experience curve models“ by Arnaud de la Tour (Mines ParisTech, CERNA)
- „What drives innovation in nuclear reactors technologies? An empirical study based on patent counts“ by Michel Berthélemy (Mines ParisTech, CERNA)
- „Les ruptures de comportements automobile – Quels profils?“ by Amandine Chevalier (Mines ParisTech, CERNA, IFPEN, BIPE)
- „Designing a recycling network for batteries from Electric Vehicles in 2025. Development and optimization of scenarios“ by Hakim Idjis (Ecole Centrale Paris)
- „Optimal timing of sectoral abatements: the role of sector-specific inertia and potentials“ by Adrien Vogt-Schilb, Guy Meunier, Stéphane Hallegatte (CIRED)
There were interesting and enriching exchanges and we hope that this collaboration will continue in the future.